Subject: Re: [ws-caf] Context query

Hiya Eric.

Newcomer, Eric wrote:
> I would say not.  Perhaps we can discuss this during Monday's call.  I
> for one would be in favor of maintaining the ability to pass opaque
> context through an intermediary that may not have knowledge of the
> referencing spec.

I was hoping to have some discussion prior to the concall.  This was raised at the last call where it was decided to progress the discussion via the mailing list.  There has been no feedback since then, hence my prompt :-)

My concern is that we are unnecessarily restricting the use of context.  I feel that the decision to process opaque context should be an option that is open to the implementations.  Whether they decide to use it or not is a decision that only they can take.

By deferring the context element QName to referencing specifications we have removed the only generic mechanism we had to identify the context.  I'm not sure this is a good idea :-).

	Kev

--
Kevin Conner
Arjuna Technologies Ltd.