Subject: Re: [ws-caf] Context query

Hiya Tony.

Tony Fletcher wrote:
> As Martin knows, I have been concentrating on another standards effort over
> the last few days, but can now spend a little time on CAF again - this by
> way of an apology for being slow to reply again!!

No need to apologise.

> I would like to explore the technical changes made / we are making, to make
> sure that I (and perhaps others) know about them and understand their
> implications.
>
> In the version of the Context schema that you sent me as being a latter
> revision than the currently available one, the context element is still
> present but now defined as being abstract.
>
> <xs:element name="context" type="tns:ContextType" abstract="true"/>
>
> Some questions/points:
> 1)  Why is the context element made abstract rather than the context
> complexType?

The only effect of making the context type abstract is to force a referencing specification to define a sub type.  I do not believe this was the intention of the resolution but am willing to change it if others disagree.

> 2) Because this element is now defined as being 'abstract' it can not be
> used in instance documents, a member of its 'substitution group' must be
> used instead.  No such substitution elements are defined in the Context
> schema so they must be defined elsewhere (note this applies equally to the
> context 'parameter' of the content and set-content messages).  I presume
> this is the intent, but we need to make sure that this is done in the
> referencing specification schema.

That's correct, the current context documentation has been changed to reflect this requirement.

> 3)  Could you please send me the revised WSDL as the contextMessage in the
> old(/publicly available current version) gets broken by this change.

I believe Mark will be circulating the current documentation RSN, it may be better to consider them all together.

	Kev

--
Kevin Conner
Arjuna Technologies Ltd.