Subject: RE: [ws-caf] the issue on Context type identification

Very briefly, the reason for wanting the ability to "segment the context
space" was to make the marking for recognition for processing orthogonal
to whatever the context is really about. This would seem to be directly
following the pattern of use (or capability) you are proposing for
contexts as a whole - i.e. you are asking to have the ability to
recognise a context as a context so that a system can do something with
all contexts, regardless of what they are really about. (or at least all
contexts that are only recognisable as contexts and not as their
specific form).

Your proposal says there is something special about contexts-in-general
that would make it worth identifying such for special processing by
systems that are neither the originator or the consumer of the context
as a header (though they may be consumers of the body of the message). I
can't see why the mere fact that someone derived their specification
from WS-Context (with no specification in ws-context of what processing
applies)should be the marker for treating the headers in a particular
way.   I can see (some) utility in having markers for headers,
orthogonal to their primary use (and where such primary use is opaque to
a system) which  could be lead to locally-defined, but
publically-announced processing [ of which propagation is an example ].

Peter