Subject: RE: [ws-caf] the issue on Context type identification

Well in my view you have not made a case for unsegmented context
awareness. It's trivial to the point of uselessness.

There is only one use case offered: forwarding. You haven't answered the
point that any other use case is logically excluded (because it involves
processing the content in some way).

And if forwarding/routing is the problem then you do need to segment the
context space orthogonal to the referencing specs.

As a URI can contain anything, it can handle the vector case.

There is no such thing as "mandatory" in this situation. You can write a
rule that says "it MUST carry a context". And if it doesn't? If they
want it, they use it. If they don't care, they don't. You do need to
provide the facility, and then they need to agree to use it. Receiver
can enforce, if you like.

Can you explain your points on attribute extensibility, please? What
exactly do you want to do to get the functionality you are looking for?
How will attribute extensibility contribute to this, and/or the
functional requirements of my proposal? Your assistance in my education
on these points would genuinely be very helpful.

I am not withdrawing my motion ... yet :-). I am looking for a solution
that pleases all of the people, whatever the scope of their enthusiasm
for processing contexts qua context.

Alastair