Subject: RE: Spam: Re: [ws-caf] policy ai

I took the phrase "reasoning about the relationships" to be of wider
significance -- similar language has been used in your and Greg's
discourse on the (alleged) need to know what the endpoints are up to,
and thence to the idea of an ACID-only protocol, which I think is a
rather stunted beast.

The fact that the declarative use of the transaction context on receipt
by a bean is a private matter is one example of the ability to be
largely ignorant of what transactions means to the interlocutor, but
still be able to make use of them.

On the narrow point, it seems that any way of marking an endpoint as
being capable of receiving a context is better than none.

In that respect I think that fixing on something that actually works is
better than trying to second-guess the next three twists and turns on
the secondary roads running through WS-Land.

Is there a way of doing this which will work with current WSDL and not
just 2.0?

Alastair

Alastair J. Green
CEO and CTO