Subject: RE: [ws-caf] Weekly meetings?

In brief, for me -- No. This would be too great an allocation of time
against everything else that is on.

In long -- In my view more careful presentation of the issues upfront,
and greater allowance for general discussion would abbreviate issue
resolutions. The actual scenario and requirements are not well
understood, in my view (see the scenario presentation required to
clarify the optmization discussion today).

So one approach might be to e.g. allow two big topics to be generally
discussed in one meeting, and then discuss concrete resolutions in the
next meeting etc, based on subsequent e-mail discussion. I think that
the issue-driven, text-driven, motion-driven (and thus RR of
Order-driven) approach has the same defects as thinking-by-code. Time on
design is never wasted, and premature coding is a good way of avoiding
collaboration.

Familiarization and scene-setting helps avoid early ossification, and
helps set a proper frame. For example: the recent enlistment
optimization discussion feels like a micro-climate.

Does the TC care about optimization, unlike WS-AT and BA? If so, to what
extent? Why did we jag off on this particular optimization? What are the
intended differences from WS-AT? (What is the value proposition of
WS-Acid?).

With such a change of emphasis I feel it would then be worth putting 1.5
hours per call into the meetings, particularly the discursive ones. I
think the actual resolutions would fall out more naturally.

Alastair