Subject: Re: [ws-caf] Issue 278

Hiya Tony.

Tony Fletcher wrote:
> The mechanism of wrapping the 'any' element with and extra level may well be
> the best approach.  However you could also consider adding an empty
> 'divider' element (or whatever you would prefer to call it.  This approach
> simplifies the schema slightly to something like:
>
> xs:complexType name="RegistrationContextType">
>   <xs:complexContent>
>     <xs:extension base="wsctx:ContextType">
>       <xs:sequence>
>         <xs:element name="registration-service" type="ref:ServiceRefType"/>
>         <xs:element name="sub-protocol" type="xs:anyURI" minOccurs="0"
> maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>         <xs:element name="participant-service" type="ref:ServiceRefType"
> minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>         <xs:element name="divider">
>             <xs:complexType/>
>         </xs:element>
>         <xs:any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>       </xs:sequence>
>     </xs:extension>
>   </xs:complexContent>
>  </xs:complexType>

The divider would be an equivalent mechanism to the one I proposed with the exception that it would always be present (probably not a big issue).

The any construct would have to occur at the start of the type though, otherwise it would raise an ambiguity with any derived types.

Thanks for the comments,
	Kev

--
Kevin Conner