Subject: minutes 10-24-2005

Greg Pavlik, scribe

Roll Call

Voting Members

Kevin Connor
Mark Little
Eric Newcomer
Simeon Greene
Greg Pavlik
Pete Wenzel
Doug Bunting
John Fuller

Meeting is quorate

Review and Approve minutes from Oct. 10. Mark Little makes motion to
approve. Greg Pavlik seconds motion.

Review Action items.

CF spec update. Mark reports done.

Mark adds Context spec updated and uploaded.

For WS-Context, Mark makes motion to approve editors draft 1.0 to be
committee draft and to submit for public review. Doug Bunting seconds.
Eric yes, Greg yes, Simeon yes, Jon Fuller yes, Doug, yes Kevin yes Mark
yes, Pete yes

Mark to put committee draft on document.

For WS-Coordination Framework, Mark makes motion that we adopt 0.3
editors draft
 as 1.0 committee draft with the proviso that a 1.0 errata section is
added and that we push this to a 60 day public review.

Kevin Yes Mark Yes Eric Yes Simeon Yes Greg Yes Pete Yes Doug Abstain
John Fuller Yes

Eric (also co-chair of WS-TX TC), reviews history of attempted alignment
between CAF and WS-C/T. Suggest we can look at WS-C and the BPM protocol
as complementary. Pieces of ACID spec extend WS-AT. MS and IBM don't
want much by way of change. Suggests that MS/IBM are baseline, but CAF
is useful for additional work on top of that baseline.

Greg asks if we should wait to see what happens with WS-TX. Eric:
constrainst already exist in charter which would allow CAF to continue
in the present time frame.

Doug mentions that extending TX seems to be outside of charter as per
last call discussion. Eric argues that BPM protocol may still be
relevant. Mark also indicates that he wouldn't want to lose that work.

Greg asks for clarity on BPM targets, is this WS-C based with
compatibility to WS-AT, BA? Eric indicates yes. Greg concerned about
stability of WS-TX baseline in the short term.

Eric to send email on the list to drive discussion.