Subject: Re: [ws-caf] Cancelling Monday's call

Title: Message
WS-Context exists but level of usage dubious. BTP had good grace never to attempt to get standard status once clear it was a "boutique standard". Suggest WS-CAF shows similar self-discipline. WS-CF pointless without referencing specs -- see difficulty of truly disentangling WS-Coordination from its users in WS-TX. Mark right that standards in this area without IBM/MS backing will not succeed. Arjuna/IONA defection to WS-TX was kiss of death. Oracle right to recognize that reality and shift focus to WS-TX. RIP.

Alastair

Martin Chapman wrote:
Fine by me.

Any others want to chime in on Mark's email thread about the future of the TC?

Martin
-----Original Message-----
From: Newcomer, Eric [mailto:Eric.Newcomer@iona.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 10:15 PM
To: ws-caf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-caf] Cancelling Monday's call

Unfortunately I have a conflict for Monday’s meeting time.  Also the public review for WS-Context ends April 18.

The next scheduled bi-weekly meeting I can reasonably attend is May 8.  We would normally have a meeting April 24 but I will be in Tokyo and the time would be inconvenient.

So I suggest we organize ourselves for a call May 8 and prepare to resolve the major outstanding questions we have around the further adoption of WS-Context as an OASIS standard (requiring 3 implementations), the desired status of WS-CF, and the future of the TC beyond that (if any).

Please comment, send suggestions, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

+1 781 902 8366