ws-calendar-comment message

Subject: Request AvailabilityType.rRule attribute be made optional

In considering the use of the AvailabiityType instance to specify a single, non-recurring interval of availability, my understanding is that this would be specified using the AvailabilityType.availInterval attribute. In this case, I would have no need to specify any kind of recurrence using AvailabilityType.rRule. Therefore, I am requesting the committee consider making the rRule attribute optional. The alternative, I suppose, would be to have an empty string as the value of a mandatory rRule, but this seems less elegant.

- Steve

Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.

Distinguished Research Fellow

Carnegie Mellon University