Subject: Update on WS-Calendar Meeting this Friday

Please be sure to be at the initial meeting of WS-Calendar. Most members have signed up as observers and this creates a problem. The initial meeting *must* have a sufficient number of active members or the TC is not created—and formation must start over again. Several companies are in the process of joining the TC, but only the members who had signed up by the deadline, i.e. last Friday count. This means that it is especially important that everyone who did sign up as a member show up for this initial meeting.

If you do not know what status you requested when you signed up, you can find it here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/members/roster.php

The call in information has been set. (Mary would you please update the official calendar?)

919-962-2719 no PIN needed.

This number just rings forever until I get on-line. I plan to be there early, but there is always the potential for a hit-by-a-bus scenario.

You can review the schedule and other items at

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/calendar.php

Following the Webinar last Friday, an attendee pointed out that we had left out manufacturing scheduling as a critical segment of potential  WS-Calendar users. Not only is this obviously correct, but an alignment of industrial and smart grid uses cases offers many potential synergies. If anyone has a suggestion of potential participants in this area, please send them on to me. The webinar is now on-line can be found at

http://www.oasis-open.org/events/webinars/

Looking forward to talking with you all on Friday…

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
OASIS Technical Advisory Board