Subject: RE: [ws-calendar] PROPOSED AGENDA - Web Services Calendar(WS-Calendar) TC - 23 April 2010

We need to assign a high priority to  the conversation in defining scheduled sequences of operations, as defined in the contribution on energy storage. Possible answers might look like:

1) We define it as in scope, and the work of that group should wait on our work which will be from scratch
2) We define it as a profile of an existing [workflow] standard such as [bpel] with time and interval added.
3) We define it as out of scope, and free them to go on.
4) We define it as out of scope, because we know it is already well handled, and recommend they look at the pre-existing work.

They have requested that we give them some guidance about our work-plan soon.

tc

"If flies are allowed to vote, how meaningful would a poll on what to have for dinner be, and what would be on the menu?" -  Unknown

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu