Subject: Comments on WS Calendar wd-05

Toby

Not being sensitive to the nuances of iCalendar and thinking about energy applications I have the following comments.

In Table 1 a duration is defined.  A fully qualified duration called an interval.  And a period is an anchored interval.

I suggest that Duration, Qualified Duration and Interval (defined as an anchored qualified duration)  are more consistent with energy applications.

IN 4.1.2 and Unscheduled Time Segment would be a Qualified Duration and in 4.1.3 a Scheduled Time Segments would be an Interval

The term DeliveryInterval should not be in Table 2 and should be a defined as the Interval (by my definition or the Period by your definition ) over which the flow of the product must be delivered.
Your definition is appropriate for delivery of a FedEx package but not a flow of energy.

Ed

Edward G. Cazalet, Ph.D.
101 First Street, Suite 552
Los Altos, CA 94022
650-949-5274
cell: 408-621-2772
ed@cazalet.com
www.cazalet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: toby.considine@unc.edu [mailto:toby.considine@unc.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:50 AM
To: ws-calendar@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-calendar] Groups - WS-Calendar-1 0-spec-wd-05.pdf uploaded

As before, thre versions in three revs of document. This is for fast track
review.

I NEED YOUR COMMENTS

I should get the CalWS work from CalConnect later today. We are doing one
last set of sanity checks before initial informal review. Be ready to vote
this week!!!

thanks

tc

 -- Toby Considine

The document revision named WS-Calendar-1 0-spec-wd-05.pdf has been
submitted by Toby Considine to the OASIS Web Services Calendar
(WS-Calendar) TC document repository.  This document is revision #2 of
WS-Calendar-1 0-spec-wd-05 with changes.doc.

Document Description:
for Fast-Track Review. More references, improved consistency with v*
objects

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37854

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/37854/WS-Calendar-1%200-spec-wd-05.pdf

Revision:
This document is revision #2 of WS-Calendar-1 0-spec-wd-05 with
changes.doc.  The document details page referenced above will show the
complete revision history.

-OASIS Open Administration