Subject: USRi's and draft being published

See feedback below. I will process that CalWS work to match this evening.

Suggestions welcome on exactly which decisions to make....

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well" - Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc
TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar
TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104
http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Cover [mailto:robin@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:50 PM
To: Toby Considine
Cc: Mary McRae; Robin Cover
Subject: WS-Calendar Version 1.0 possible issues

Toby,

In the process of creating a news blurblette [2] about Dave's CalWS-Rest
specification (contributed), I noticed a few machinery URIs that may be
governed by the Naming Guidelines.  Of course, Mary can grant allowances to
go outside the rules [1] -- if she already communicated on this point, you
can disregard this note.

BTW, I'm happy to see your TC's uptake of other standards bodies'
work and use of HTTP scheme URIs for named propertu identifiers.

-rcc

====== Naming issues ======

1. WS-Calendar Version 1.0
   Working Draft 11 3

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/39298/WS-Calendar-1%200-sp
ec-wd-11.pdf

* says:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/WS-Calendar/v1.0/wd11/WS-Calendar-1.0-spec-wd-11.
pdf
  should be: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-calendar/[...]

* says: Declared XML Namespace(s):
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/WS-Calendar/WS-Calendar-201001
  should be (e.g.,)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ws-calendar/WS-Calendar-201001
  on which, see below [1]
  (and note that '/ns/ws-calendar/' and '/ws-calendar/ns/' are allowable)

2. CalWS-Rest - Restful Web Services Protocol for Calendaring
   Version: 1.0
   Date: 2010-09-13

   Declared XML Namespace(s):
     http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/wscal/calws
   Declared Properties and Relations Namespaces
   Properties and extended relation types are prefixed with the URL

* /wscal/ -->> /ws-calendar/ in the NS URI
* ditto for:

Some NS URIs, property URIs, etc are rooted at
'http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/wscal/'
where I think you will want (e.g.,)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/ws-calendar/[...]

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/wscal/calws
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/wscal/calwsrel
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/wscal/calws/caldav/supported-calendar-data
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/wscal/calws/supported-features
(etc)

- Robin

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNaming.ht
ml#uri-NS-root

[2] http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletter/news2010-09-13.html#cite1
     CalWSRest: Restful Web Service Protocol for Calendaring Version 1.0

--
Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services