Subject: Re: [ws-calendar] Intervals

It needs to be included I think as the conceptual model doesn't work well withouit it -- and it's more difficult to explain vtodos to enery people :-)

Glad you noticed now!.

Thanks!

Bill
------Original Message------
From: Michael Douglass
To: ws-calendar@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-calendar] Intervals
Sent: Jan 21, 2011 8:08 PM

As part of the rewrite I disappeared the interval.

The discussion we had regarding gluons or not gluons is also valid for
intervals.

If it is felt that intervals have sufficient semantic differences over
vtodo to warrant their own component then they are easily reinstated.
The changes to the schema would be to add something like the following
to iCalendar-wscal-extensions.xsd

<xs:complexType name="WsCalendarIntervalType">
<xs:complexContent mixed="false">
<xs:extension base="xcal:BaseComponentType"/>
</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:element name="x-wscalendar-interval" type="xcal:WsCalendarIntervalType"
               substitutionGroup="xcal:baseComponent"/>

As for other components, valid properties etc would be defined in meta-data

I should point out that the x-wscalendar-type property seems unnecessary
in that case as the type is known from the containing component

It is also easier to profile a separate component - essentially a table
per component defining its valid properties and components - rather than
indexing by some internal property.

Reinstating them also means less changes to the WsCalendar spec...

--

Mike Douglass                           douglm@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer