Subject: RE: [ws-calendar] PROPOSED AGENDA - Web Services Calendar(WS-Calendar) TC - 06 May 2011

I have a list I am working on as I look at comments, in particular the collector for "muddled writing". In some cases, this is because we have some muddled thinking or unresolved issues and the writing accurately reflects things we have not resolved.

Consistency in document:
dtStart and dtEnd
Table 3.5
A Calendar Gluon may have either a dtStart or a dtEnd, but may not have both.
5.2.3.1 (Interval Conformance)

WS-Calendar Intervals SHALL have a Duration.
Intervals MAY have a Start Time.
Intervals SHALL NOT include an END time. If a non-compliant Interval is received with an END time, it may be ignored.

Temporal Relations:
We have waffled on where these belong. IIRC, we finally decided that they were normal relations of type RelType. This does nto appear to be represented in the schemas or in any enumeration.

Discuss resolution of http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/WSCALENDAR-276

issue 308: What do we mean by xcal compatibility / compliance / etc in ws-calendar
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/WSCALENDAR-308

issue 324 and Ownership
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/WSCALENDAR-324

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu