Subject: Documents and Changes

Thank you Bill for finding and rooting out the last of the references to the communications (REST and SOAP) from v1.0. It needed a solid-read-trough to find those three sentences, three sentences that would have required a whole new cycle.

The new work schedule will reduce confusion in smart energy circles while allowing the REST and SOAP methods to mature. AFAAIK, multi-record operations are the largest remaining holes, but I’m sure there are others. Even though Smart Energy is not focusing on the calendar store interactions today, I think they will prove quite useful device / EV space.

In any case, it is quite clear that the schemas would never have reached the level of maturity that they have w/o the direct use and experience gained during the communication work. That moved the information models from intellectual exercise to usable, movable, tested schemas.

Once we get these out, v1.0 will see direct work soon.

Thanks to all who gave this work the detailed read, the close attention, and the quick turn-around to get the package ready for today.

tc

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com