Subject: Today's meeting

Clearly there has been plenty of rumor and speculation about WS-Calendar this week, driven in part by Jamie’s note. It has certainly soured the satisfaction of contemplating the underway publication of 1.0, which we voted out a month ago, as well as satisfaction with the already completed publication of RFC6321, which we are bound by agreement to align with.

Several times this week I have been made aware that in the series of running conversations I am in on Smart Grid issues, whoever I am talking to right now has been in a small fraction of them. In particular, not all members of this TC have any interest in the SGIP while others are interested in WS-Calendar because of its potential schedule effects on other specifications.

Today, we need to decide what the TC will do. To make sure that everyone has the same information on which to formulate their decisions, I think we need to turn to this topic.

Bill, as PAP04 Technical Champion, can you prepare some *brief* remarks on IESA 2007, and the SGIP

WS-Calendar has made some specific commitments to NAESB and to CalConnect. Dave, can you speak quickly to those? I think I can describe the NAESB part of the process in under two minutes.

The subject of a randomize parameter has been the subject of extensive conversation, including in the SGAC. I will try to digest those conversations into a short summary that I will share before the meeting. If folks read that in advance, the discussion can be more focused, more quickly.

It has been claimed we don’t allow the expression of the End Date and Time. We can compare notes on dtEnd, and its use in the specification.

The effort to make potential changes is not that great. The time to complete them may take longer. These changes may have specific effects on other specifications that some in this TC are very interested. We need a schedule conversation.

There may be issues the members wish to have on the queue, either in the potential Application Note or in missing parts of the specification. Please be ready to bring these forward.

After that, everyone should have a common understanding of the issues. We should develop a new work plan or confirm our old.

When we complete *that* in the first 10 minutes (hah!) we can then return to our discussion of the Application Note

tc

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com