Subject: Suggestion for the Committee Note 3 Introduction to Calendaring Protocols

The CalConnect Introduction to Internet Calendaring may already meet the purpose of Committee Note 3 or be very close.

http://www.calconnect.org/CD1012_Intro_Calendaring.shtml

If it will serve as is, is there any way that OASIS can simply refer to this existing published document (which is licensed under Creative Commons), which would be easier than co-copyright and co-publication (especially if we want to keep them in sync)?

If there is but the document needs minor tweaking, do we want to consider adjustments to the CalConnect document rathe than a parallel document - and as above let OASIS refer to it?  (Assuming this is doable.)

At the least, while this document has a paragraph on CalWS is only has a reference to WS-Calendar so we would need a paragraph on WS-Calendar and its relationship to the rest of the standards - which would be a good thing to have in the CalConnect document anyhow.

Dave Thewli

--
Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
CalConnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium