Subject: Directions and SOAP

When Mike and I talked last week, is was clear that we need more for the long term direction for the SOAP Calendar interface. In fact, you might consider everything in the current document as the minimal profile, and there is a larger one.

The larger one won’t be done soon, although perhaps in the Spring. We want to get this one put to bed as soon as can be. We also want to keep it aligned with the work in CalConnect.

Accordingly, I have recommended that the current document (WD10) be modified to comprise the following secions:

Section 1: Introduction and overview, the current section 1

Section 2: The Minimal Profile, the rest of the document short of the Conformance

Section 3-N: The Scheduling Extensions – a place holder for [this page blank] to be completed as WS-Calendar SOAP 1.1

Section N+1: Conformance

This seems to be the path that will allow us to complete the current work as soon as possible, while staging us to do the Advanced Profiles in the near future as a unitary document.

tc

“It is the theory that decides what can be observed."  -- Albert Einstein

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com