Subject: Consensus Scheduling Workshop and link to the document about Consensus Scheduling

As mentioned on our WS Calendar call this morning:

In conjunction with our next member meeting, we will be hosting an open "Consensus Scheduling Workshop” on Wednesday afternoon, 30 January, 2013, at Oracle Corporation in Santa Clara, California.

On behalf of CalConnect, I would like to invite you to attend and participate in this workshop.  Participation in the workshop is open to interested individuals and organizations, regardless of whether or not they work for CalConnect member organizations. No fee will be charged for attending the workshop.

“This workshop will examine the state of the art with respect to consensus scheduling, and explore directions to integrate consensus scheduling into calendaring and scheduling standards and products, to enable interoperability and make consensus scheduling part of the full functionality of calendaring and scheduling products. There will be a presentation and discussion on CalConnect’s work in progress on VPOLL, a proposed new component for iCalendar in support of consensus scheduling.”

CalConnect has previously hosted workshops on vCard, time zones, and tasks. This consensus scheduling workshop is under the auspices of the Freebusy Technical Committee.

Google’s very recent announcement (http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html) that they were decommissioning the “appointment slots” feature in Google Calendar makes the workshop even timelier.

If you do decide to attend this workshop, I encourage you to stay for and attend the entire Roundtable Technical Conference, which will run through early Friday afternoon; however, attending the conference is in no way a requirement to attend the workshop.

If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please contact me (dave.thewlis@calconnect.org).

Best Regards,

Dave Thewlis

More information about the CalConnect Roundtable Technical Conference can be found at http://www.calconnect.org/calconnect26.shtml; more information about CalConnect itself at http://www.calconnect.org

--
Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
CalConnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium