Subject: PIM discussion for WS-Calendar meeting agenda 12 April 2013

Here are some points for discussion for the Friday, April 12 WS-Calendar meeting.

I've updated the draft PIM to WD04 and found a number of issues to discuss; these should be in the agenda if possible. Lots of fixes, including making the semantics and conformance normative and including differences with respect to WS-Calendar 1.0. I tried to address the suggestions and issues from our previous detailed discussion.

Issues for discussion:

  1. Consider elimination of DurationParameterEnum
  2. The use of "granularity". (it's in the Vavailability class, and in the DurationParameterEnum). Is it a global construct or specific to interactions and information? Precision in ToleranceValueType and its relationship to granularity.
  3. Conformed string statements from 8601 and xCal/iCal - not included; what format should we use?
  4. Link Type - uri as a string, and not called "anyUri". Made it a string, but needs conformance rules to RFC for URIs. Borrow or reference?
  5. To what extent should the internet draft for Vavailability show in the PIM? What about xcal:rrule?
  6. A few remaining "EDITOR'S NOTE" items - search for the string.

The public URIs are in the posted emails:

As is our tradition, the ZIP archive is first, followed by the remaining items as revisions.

Thanks!

bill

--
William Cox