Subject: Don't read PIM WD11 closely except for structure -- Update in progress

I had a number of discussions on Friday with Toby and Mike.

On Jira: the "old issus" addressed in WD11 are prior to https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/WSCALENDAR-524 and are now marked Applied or Closed.

The more recent issues start with https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/WSCALENDAR-525 and are being applied in the WD12 spec, and are mostly applied in the WD12 model.

The classes of issues affecting the specification and/or the model are:
  • FreeBusy is not needed; Vavailability does what's required in that space and is defined as a replacement
  • Vavailability needed some clarity from Internet draft 05, beyond what was in WD11.
  • I had seen the differences in duration between ISO8601 and iCalendar, and split the DurationType into an unsigned version and a signed version; I'm recombining and addressing in conformance
  • I separately realized (https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/WSCALENDAR-527) that the XSDdatatypes package should be deleted

So don't spend a lot of time on WD11 except for the structure; the details above will be different in WD12.

I expect to finish WD12 by tomorrow, so watch for uploads.

If you care about the UML model, it's already updated per TC discussions.

Thanks!

bill

--
William Cox