ws-dd-comment message

Subject: Fwd: [TC Admin] WS-Discovery

Hi,Â

Thanks for anyÂhelp you can supply,Â

/chetÂ

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'Engelmann, Bjoern (Contractor)' via TC Administration <tc-admin@oasis-open.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 9:24 AM
Subject: [TC Admin] WS-Discovery
To: tc-admin@oasis-open.org <tc-admin@oasis-open.org>

Internal

Dear Technical Commitee Admin,

my name is BjÃrn Engelmann, I have recently discovered a number of conceptual problems in the WS-Discovery standard as published under [1] using a Model Checker and am now trying to reach the WS-DD Technical Commitee to discuss how these problems can be fixed. Unfortunately, I had to learn that the WS-DD TC was closed in 2016.

So my question is:

Although the WS-DD TC was closed, the WS-Discovery standard is still actively used. There are even new standards build upon it (the SDC family of standards for medical device communication for instance).

For all these applications, it would be highly relevant to fix the problems I found. Now that the TC is closed, is there anyone who could publish errata or create a revised version with the problems fixed? Or do we now have to live with WS-Discovery being broken?

Is there someone feeling responsible for this Standard whom I could contact?

Or is WS-Discovery regarded as obsolte/superseeded and should not be used anymore?

Best Regards,

 BjÃrn Engelmann