ws-dd message

Subject: Room Correction: WS-DD TC inagural F2F meeting logistics, Redmond,WA Sept 16-18

The conference room number is:  Building 37, Union / Room 1717 (not 3717 as indicated in my previous mail).

I have corrected the information below. Apologies for any confusion.

-Colleen

From: Colleen Evans [mailto:coevans@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:42 PM
To: ws-dd@lists.oasis-open.org

The first meeting of the WS-DD TC will be held Tuesday September 16 through Thursday September 18, 2008 hosted by Microsoft in Redmond, Washington.  The meeting logistics are provided below:

Time: 9:00 AM Pacific  – 5:00 PM Pacific.  Breakfast will be available from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM each day and lunches will be provided.

Meeting Location:

Building 37, Union Room (room 1717, located opposite the lobby area)

Microsoft campus

16071 NE 36th Way

Redmond, WA 98052, USA

Please let the meeting organizer, Geoff Bullen (geoffbu@microsoft.com) know if you plan to attend the meeting in person or by telephone.

Conference Call:  A call in facility will be provided for prospective TC members who cannot travel to the meeting location.

Hotels:  Microsoft has not arranged a block of hotel rooms for this meeting.  Attendees are on their own for making hotel reservations and transportation arrangements.  A list of hotels close to the Microsoft campus can be found at:  http://research.microsoft.com/aboutmsr/visitmsr/redmond.

For those without a rental car, the hotel Homestead Suites is within walking distance to building 37.

Campus map:

http://members.microsoft.com/careers/mslife/locations/images/campus_map.jpg

Driving Directions:  Directions  from SEA-TAC airport to the Microsoft main campus:  http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/resources/events/airportmap.mspx.

Building 37 is a new building and may not show up on mapping sites/software that provide driving directions. Building 37 is next to building 6 (16061 N.E. 36th Way, Redmond, WA).

Parking: Free parking is available in the parking structure adjacent to building 37.  Please bring you car license tag number to the receptionist for registration.

Transportation Options:  If you prefer not to rent a car, you may use Shuttle Express (http://www.shuttleexpress.com/index.html) or Metro transit  http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/bus.html to travel from and to the SEA-TAC airport. If you arrive by bus (metro transit), you need to disembark at the Overlake Transit Center and get a shuttle to building 37; free shuttles are available throughout the day.

Access and Identification: Visitor badges must be worn by meeting attendees. It is necessary to show photo identification to obtain your badge; please bring a passport or driver license. We will request badges to be pre-made for all those who indicate their intent to be at the meeting so you don’t need to wait for the badge to be made.

Network Access: Wireless internet access will be available at the meeting. Individual guest usernames and passwords are required to access the network, which may be obtained from the building receptionist. We will automatically request network access for all those who indicate their intent to be at the meeting, so you don’t need to wait for credentials to be issued by the receptionist.

Meals: A continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages will be provided each day of the meeting. If you have any special dietary requirements (vegetarian, etc.), please inform the meeting hosts two weeks in advance so that arrangements can be made. We need to know the number of attendees at least a week in advance to meet catering deadlines, so please RSVP for the meeting before September 8 if possible.

Microsoft is planning to host a reception on Tuesday evening September 16 immediately following the TC meeting (from 5:00-6:30 pm) at the  Microsoft Museum, combined with a trip to the Company Store for those who are interested.    Transportation to and from the reception will be provided.

On-Site Contacts: The Microsoft contacts and hosts for this meeting are Geoff Bullen (geoffbu@microsoft.com, 720-883-2401) and Toby Nixon (toby.nixon@microsoft.com, 206-790-6377).

Please let me know if you have any questions about the arrangements for this meeting.

I look forward to meeting with you in September!

Colleen Evans

Convener, WS-DD TC

Tel: (425) 703-9066

Fax: (425) 936-7329