ws-dd message

Subject: Re: [ws-dd] Issue 012 - Add size constraint to SOAP-over-UDP messages

Proposed text for the resolution:

R00xxx: A SERVICE or CLIENT MAY reject a TEXT SOAP ENVELOPE sent over
UDP with more than MAX_UDP_ENVELOPE_SIZE octets.

Because SOAP-over-UDP messages covered by the DPWS specification only
include WS-Discovery messages, this requirement does not constrain
applications that would require the use of larger messages for
application-specific services.

Proposed value for MAX_UDP_ENVELOPE_SIZE: 4096 octets (to be
discussed/adjusted based on feedback)

Open question: does anyone understand the requirement numbering rules in
DPWS? If so, I would be glad to have an explanation.