ws-dd message

Subject: Re: [ws-dd] RE: DPWS Section 7 (Security)

So I like the idea of a section redo

Goals:

1) so not sure a single option may work, so we need to see if this is viable (use SSL/TLS along with compact signatures as a starting point) as this will have an impact on #2 which is how extensible this could be to allow other mechanisms. I do believe that we should look into WS-Security (as these stacks are getting common) as part of this effort

3) Yes looks at what has been done in WS-I around SSL/TLS and the processing of the signature (expanded signature)

Inactive hide details for Dan Driscoll ---12/11/2008 04:47:41 PM---Please see the attached slides of functional changes to DPWSDan Driscoll ---12/11/2008 04:47:41 PM---Please see the attached slides of functional changes to DPWS Section 7 to make it align better with the goals set out in my pri

Dan Driscoll <Dan.Driscoll@microsoft.com>

"ws-dd@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-dd@lists.oasis-open.org>

12/11/2008 04:47 PM

[ws-dd] RE: DPWS Section 7 (Security)

Please see the attached slides of functional changes to DPWS Section 7 to make it align better with the goals set out in my prior mail on security.
--D