ws-dd message

Subject: Re: [ws-dd] Issue 046 - DPWS - Editorial (relating to R2043)

I think we had a little "process problem" with this issue: it has been marked as closed, but the proposed resolution has never been implemented in the spec. Actually, no precise text change was ever proposed. Can we review it again?

Proposed resolution:
- Drop R2043 as a formal requirement, as it is a non-requirement.
- Replace the existing explanation:
Since addressing information for a HOSTED SERVICE is included in relationship metadata, there is no requirement to re-express this information in WSDL Service(s) or Port(s).
by:
Addressing information for a HOSTED SERVICE is included in relationship metadata. For the mandatory SOAP 1.2 binding (R2019), there is no requirement to re-express this information in a WSDL Service and Port, since the endpoint reference used in the relationship metadata refers to this binding by default. The use of WSDL Services and Ports may still be necessary for other bindings not covered by this profile.

Ram Jeyaraman a écrit :
This issue is assigned the number 046. For further discussions on this issue, please refer to this issue number or use this thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Mensch [mailto:antoine.mensch@odonata.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:26 PM
To: Ram Jeyaraman
Subject: NEW Issue - Editorial

Please defer discussions on this issue until a time this issue is
accepted and is assigned a number.

Document: DPWS
Location (defaults to line number): 737
Owner: Antoine Mensch

R2043 implies that all endpoint references exposed for a given service
use the SOAP1.2 HTTP binding. This could be explicit in the text. In
cases where services use different bindings, services and ports should
be defined in the WSDL, as there is no direct way to associate an EPR to
a binding in WS-Addressing (only interfaces/port types and
endpoints/ports are supported in EPR metadata).

Proposed resolution:
Make the assumption explicit