ws-dd message

Subject: RE: Issue 104 - WS-Discovery - clarify case where a TS doesn'tspecify a Type

Hi all,

This issue was moved to pending during the face-to-face and I was asked to incorporate appropriate text in the specification. I have applied the resolution of this issue to my working draft. Following are the concrete changes in the specification. Please review and let me know if you have any questions or comments.

In the section that describes the normative outline for Hello the following text (in Red) has been added.

Original Text:

/s:Envelope/s:Body/*/d:Types

Unordered set of Types implemented by the Target Service (or Discovery Proxy).

·         For a Target Service, if omitted or empty, no implied value. In a managed mode, all supported Types SHOULD be included.

·         For a Discovery Proxy, MUST be included and MUST explicitly include d:DiscoveryProxy.

Modified Text:

/s:Envelope/s:Body/*/d:Types

Unordered set of Types implemented by the Target Service (or Discovery Proxy).

·         For a Target Service, if omitted or empty, no implied value. A Target Service MAY omit Types due to security and message size considerations. In a managed mode, all supported Types SHOULD be included.

·         For a Discovery Proxy, MUST be included and MUST explicitly include d:DiscoveryProxy.

Vipul