ws-dd message

Subject: RE: [ws-dd] Groups - wsdd-dpws-1.1-spec-cd-02-candidate.docxuploaded

I agree with Doug—we should use the latest URI and describe its use even through the submission WS-MetadataExchange.

Profiles (like DPWS) are specifically intended to handle the composition problems that arise in referencing lower-layer specs with complicated interdependencies.  Every once in a while we encounter contradictions like this, but this solution is better than requiring implementers to support two different versions of WS-Policy.

I will update the version on the OASIS site with your editorial edits, and with the proposal to this problem, which arose from issues 071 and 109.  It will probably be six hours or so until I will have a chance to update and upload the changes.

I encourage other TC members to review this version and raise any other concerns as early as possible.

Thanks!

--D

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:40 AM
To: antoine.mensch@odonata.fr
Cc: Dan Driscoll; ws-dd@lists.oasis-open.org

IMO use the latest policy URI as that will match the policy stuff in the dpws doc.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Antoine Mensch <antoine.mensch@odonata.fr>

01/22/2009 09:14 AM

Please respond to
antoine.mensch@odonata.fr

dan.driscoll@microsoft.com

cc

"ws-dd@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-dd@lists.oasis-open.org>

Subject

Re: [ws-dd] Groups - wsdd-dpws-1.1-spec-cd-02-candidate.docx uploaded

Dan,

regarding my previous mail, there's one URI change I did not made
because I don't know if it's the right thing to do: although we refer in
the spec to the latest version of WS-Policy, we also use
WS-MetadataExchange, which specifies that the supported Dialect for
retrieving policies through GetMetadata is the old version
(http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy ). So I don't know if we
should update R2041 and R2025 to use the latest version of the WS-Policy
namespace. Maybe we should support both? Do WS-Policy and
WS-MetadataExchange experts have a solution to that issue?

Cheers

Antoine