ws-dd message

Subject: Uploading WS-DD CD1 Committee Drafts to OASIS Library

As you know, we’ve been waiting patiently for Mary McRae, the OASIS TC Administrator, to post the RDDL and specifications on docs.oasis-open.org for WS-DD CD1. I’ve been following up, and she did get back to me about it yesterday; you can see her email below.

As you can see, she requests that we make a number of editorial corrections to the CD1 documents in order to comply with OASIS requirements. These include changing the “previous version” to “N/A” rather than pointing at the previous working drafts (since the WDs can’t be uploaded to docs.oasis-open.org), blanking out the namespace on the title pages (because the namespaces we used don’t comply with OASIS policy, because we approved them at about the same time the new namespace policy was being [quietly] adopted), rearranging some of the sections including moving the Conformance sections to the end, and fixing the internal document links.

Note that she does not require that we change the actual namespace for the CD1 documents – it can be left as-is in the body of the documents, so that existing CD1 implementations don’t have to change – but she does want it blanked out on the title pages of the documents because it’s non-conformant.

Also, because the CD1 namespaces are non-conformant, she doesn’t want to post the CD1 RDDL documents on docs.oasis-open.org. We will, however, very soon be posting the CD2 documents and RDDLs; those RDDLs will point to the CD1 documents (as “Previous Versions”). Thus, the CD1 documents WILL be available on docs.oasis-open.org, but you won’t be able to enter the CD1 namespace into a browser and have the CD1 RDDL pop up.

Questions for the TC:

Are we OK with having the editors make the required editorial corrections to the CD1 documents and re-approving the CD1 documents so they can be posted on docs.oasis-open.org?

Are we OK with NOT posting the CD1 RDDL documents, but having the CD1 documents posted on docs.oasis-open.org with stable, well-known URLS and linked from the CD2 RDDL documents?

Note that the editors will have to make these same editorial changes in CD2 (although the CD2 namespaces, which ARE compliant with the new policy, can stay on the title pages).

If we can agree to this, Mary indicates that she will upload the CD1 and CD2 documents all at the same time for the public review.

            -- Toby

Toby Nixon  |  Senior Standards Program Manager  |  Windows Device and Storage Technologies  |  Microsoft Corporation

toby.nixon@microsoft.com  |  www.microsoft.com | V: +1 425 706 2792  |  M: +1 206 790 6377  |  F: +1 425 708 4811