ws-dd message

Subject: RE: [ws-dd] Issue pr001 - DPWS/WS-Discovery/SOAP-over-UDP - Use of DOCX format for editable source

I responded to Stephen privately, but since this needs to be logged as an
issue I wanted to post my response here as well - in particular with regard
to the possibility of a requirement that would prohibit use of a .docx file.

"  No, there is no requirement as to filetype of editable source, and no
mention made in the TC Process. Some TCs use xml (DITA, DocBook, XHTML).
There are plug-ins available if you're not using Word 2007 to read the .docx
in other apps. The key is that it be whatever the TC is actually using the
create the document, and not something that's a conversion and therefore
likely to lose something in the translation. "

Regards,

Mary