ws-dd message

Subject: Congratulations and Thanks!

Dear WS-DD TC Members –

I’m sure you’ve all now seen the official announcement from the TC Administrator that DPWS, WS-Discovery, and SOAP-over-UDP are officially approved as OASIS standards. Congratulations on this success!

I know I already expressed appreciation back in May when the CS01 specs were approved, but I want to once again THANK YOU for all your hard work in making this happen! I especially thank Alain Regnier for co-chairing the TC, specification editors Dan Driscoll, Antoine Mensch, Vipul Modi, Devon Kemp, and Ram Jeyaraman for their great work, Ram for also serving as Issues List editor, and Geoff Bullen for serving as TC Secretary. Thanks again to those who hosted our face-to-face meetings, and those who prepared implementations to demonstrate interoperability. Thanks to all who reviewed the specs and submitted issues to ensure that the specs are high quality. I hope you will all pass along to your organizations my appreciation for supporting your participation in this important work. And, again, special thanks to Mary McRae, the OASIS TC Administrator, for supporting our work through this process and going above and beyond expectations when we really needed it!

It’s been a pleasure to work together with all of you through the past nine months, and I very much look forward to continuing our work on the 1.2 versions of the specs and to create the ancillary materials that will help propel adoption of this technology through the industry and thereby improve the quality of life for people around the world.

Best regards,

            -- Toby

Toby Nixon  |  Senior Standards Program Manager  |  Windows Device and Storage Technologies  |  Microsoft Corporation

toby.nixon@microsoft.com  |  www.microsoft.com | V: +1 425 706 2792  |  M: +1 206 790 6377  |  F: +1 425 708 4811