ws-dd message

Subject: FW: Liaison from OASIS Web Services Discovery and Devices ProfileTechnical Committee to W3C Web Services Resources Access Working Committee

Please see the email below from Bob Freund, chair of W3C WS-RA, in response to our liaison.

You can check out their updated schedule at http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/#schedule. To summarize, they predict Last Call in October, Candidate Recommendation in December, Proposed Recommendation in March, and Recommendation in April, but this is subject to change and not all specs will necessarily move in lock-step. If you’re not familiar with these W3C steps, see http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#rec-advance.

Bob says that WS-RA plans to published updated Working Drafts in September, and suggests that WS-DD review those drafts and submit feedback to WS-RA before they close the Last Call drafts in October. We should include this review in our WS-DD work plan.

Best regards,

            -- Toby

Toby Nixon  |  Senior Standards Program Manager  |  Windows Device and Storage Technologies  |  Microsoft Corporation

toby.nixon@microsoft.com  |  www.microsoft.com | V: +1 425 706 2792  |  M: +1 206 790 6377  |  F: +1 425 708 4811