ws-dd message

Subject: On Issue WSDD-13 (Link local scope address for discovery messagesis not applicable in multi hop networks)

Hello everybody,

I want to give an proposal for this issue.

I did some search on ipv6 multicast address assignments and found that
there is a simple solution for this issue. DPWS uses the same addresses
as UPnP. There are two assignments for UPnP:
Link-Local Scope:
FF02:0:0:0:0:0:0:C     SSDP                               [UPnP]
Variable Scope Multicast Addresses:
FF0X:0:0:0:0:0:0:C     SSDP                               [UPnP]
(see http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-multicast-addresses/ for more
infos)

So there is no need to get a new site local scope assignment for
ws-discovery.

Then the next question is how to integrate this additional addresses
into ws-discovery. So my proposal is to do it in a similar way as UPnP
did it in the annex for IPv6 support:
http://www.upnp.org/resources/documents/AnnexA-IPv6_000.pdf
This leads to an additional statment in section 1.1.1 like:

Additionally multicast messages described herein, MAY be sent using the
following assignment:
  - IPv6 multicast addresses: FF0X::C (subnet scope FF03::C,
administrative scope FF04::C and site-local scope FF05::C)

The attached document shows the added lines in the specification text.

We may be more verbose regarding this point as the UPnP document gives
more detailed information.

Regards,
Elmar

   Dipl.-Inf. Elmar Zeeb
   Universität Rostock, Fakultät f. Informatik und Elektrotechnik
   Institut f. Angewandte Mikroelektronik und Datentechnik
   University of Rostock, Faculty of CS and EE
   Institute of Applied Microelectronics and Computer Engineering,
   18051 Rostock
   Deutschland/Germany
   Tel. : ++49 (0)381 498 - 7262
   Fax  : ++49 (0)381 498 - 7252