ws-dd message

Subject: Frequency of WS-DD TC teleconferences; TC work load

As you know, we've cancelled the last couple of WS-DD conference calls. We've not been receiving further contributions toward resolution of the current active issues or feedback on the resolutions already proposed, and are awaiting WS-RA to reach their next major milestone before proceeding on the major work before us (considering the updated versions of WS-Eventing, WS-Transfer, and WS-MetadataExchange). This makes our agendas very thin! The general feeling I get is that WS-DD members are OK with a bit of idling of the TC right now while we await the output of WS-RA. It doesn't seem to make sense to have teleconferences just for the sake of having them -- so long as it doesn't result in too much ramp-up time when we suddenly have a lot of work to do.

So, here's my question: what do you think is the maximum time we should allow to pass between teleconferences while in this state? Should we strive for biweekly? monthly? or just have it be entirely contribution and workload driven? Your feedback is invited and welcome.

Whatever frequency seems best, I think we should keep our timeslot reserved and cancel meetings on only a week-by-week basis, rather than officially changing the frequency of the recurring meeting, because once the WS-RA specs are available, we're going to want to be able to resume our weekly teleconferences without having to clear a bunch of conflicts. Are you all conmfortable with that?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

    -- Toby

Toby Nixon  |  Senior Standards Program Manager  |  Windows Ecosystem Engagement |  Microsoft Corporation

toby.nixon@microsoft.com  |  www.microsoft.com | V: +1 425 706 2792  |  M: +1 206 790 6377  |  F: +1 425 708 4811