ws-i-ms message

Subject: RE: [ws-i-ms] Re: Proposed Charter for OASIS Web Services Basic andReliable Secure Profiles (WS-BRSP) Technical Committee

Jeff,

I understand that there are legal concerns about the Non-Assert IPR mode. I don't have all the details, but if there is a desire to move away from RAND then I would support the use of RF-on-RAND, which is accepted worldwide and doesn't appear to raise any legal concerns.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Mischkinsky [mailto:jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 12:31 AM
To: Ram Jeyaraman
Cc: ws-i-ms@lists.oasis-open.org Section

Ram,
It's different work, different forum - and i would question whether RAND for something as fundamental as basic profiles is appropriate.
One *might* have been able to argue the case 10 years when ws-i was founded by MS and IBM, but its a different world.
You haven't explained what the complications are - just asserted its working fine, so why change.
Does Microsoft have a problem ensuring that the work done by this TC be under the non-assert mode.
cheers,
  jeff