ws-i-ms message

Subject: Steering Committee Candidate Doug Davis

The following was submitted by candidate Davis.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, May 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Subject: [Nominations] WS-I Steering Committee Nominations Open
To: nominations@oasis-open.org
Cc: Steve Holbrook <shh@us.ibm.com>, Dave Ings <ings@ca.ibm.com>

I'd like to toss my name into the hat for the WS-I steering committee
nominations.

I confirm that I shall meet the commitment requirements of the position.

My background:
I've been working on software standards (and in particular WS*/SOAP)
standards for over 10 years now.  I've been very involved in the
development of most of the WS* specifications and profiles. And in
addition I've had a hand in the development, and interoperability
testing, of most of those same documents.  I understand not only the
history but the rationale behind most of the design points taken in
the specifications and can therefore help ensure that the spirit of
the author's original intent is maintained as the WS-I profiles are
updated or new ones created.

thanks
-Doug Davis
STSM |  Standards Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Scott McGrath
COO
scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org