ws-i-ms message

Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - 26 March 2013 - WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting

DRAFT MINUTES
WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting
26 March 2013, 12:00pm ET

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Roll
x Mike DeNicola (Fujitsu) [Chair]
x Joel Fleck (HP) [Vice-Chair]
x Gershon Janssen (Individual) [Secretary]
  Ram Jeyaraman(Microsoft)
x Prasad Yendluri (Software AG)
x Anish Karmarkar (Oracle)
x Doug Davis (IBM)

Meeting quorates.

1. Agenda review
Agenda approved.

2. Approve minutes of previous meeting
Minutes of 26 Februari 2013 meeting: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-ms/201303/msg00004.html
SC approved the minutes of the 26 Februari 2013 meeting by unanimous consent.

3. Update on Status of Open Seat on the Steering Committee
Mike updated the SC on the current status of the open seat on the Steering Committee.

From Scotts email (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-ms/201303/msg00003.html) on the extended nominations period: "...nominations will close on this Special Election on 4 April with no further extensions."

No nominations for the open seat received.

Discussion on a possible reduction of the number of MS StC seats to 8. OASIS changed the MS policy: when a seat or seats remain open, the MS StC can reduce the size of the StC. Also the requirement for an odd number of StC members is not in the policy anymore.

The StC believes that when no nominations are received by 4 April, we should reduce the MS StC by one seat.

Action Item:Mike DeNicola: Check with Scott on possible required actions for a MS StC size reduction

4. Update on WS-I web page Action Item
Mike and Gershon received editor access to the web pages for WS-I.

Question to StC: run suggested changes by the StC or just update the pages and inform the StC?

StC is fine with Mike and Gershon making changes.

Already received input from Anish from the last meeting: we should include the feedback process on the public webpage of the WS-I MS pages.

Action Item for Mike and Gershon to work on updates for the WS-I web pages remains open.

5. Confirm dates for next two meetings
There are not many things on our agenda, so the StC agreed on a combined meeting for April and May on: Tuesday May 7, 2013 @ 9.00a PT, 12.00p ET

6. Adjournment
Next call: May 7, 2013 @ 9.00a PT, 12.00p ET