ws-i-ms message

Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - 7 February 2014 - WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting

DRAFT MINUTES
WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting
7 February 2014, 11:00am PST

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Roll:
x Mike DeNicola, Fujitsu
x Joel Fleck, HP
x Gershon Janssen, Individual
x Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft
x Prasad Yendluri, Software AG
x Anish Karmarkar, Oracle
x Doug Davis, IBM
  Micah Hainline, Asynchrony Solutions

Guests:
x Jacques Durant - Chair WS-BRSP TC
x Scott McGrath - COO OASIS

Meeting quorated.

1. Additions/Changes to Agenda
Agenda adopted.

2. Approve minutes of previous two meetings
Draft minutes:
- 23 July 2013: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-sc/201402/msg00000.html
- 15 October 2013: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-sc/201402/msg00001.html

SC approved the minutes of the 23 July and 15 October 2013 meetings by unanimous consent.

3. Update on BRSP-TC - Jacques Durand
TC meets once a month; last meeting was in December 2013. We have a stable membership in the TC, but little bandwith.

TC is working on 4 specification: profiles RSP 1.0, BP1.2, BP2.0 and BSP1.1 and currently in the process of handling review comments of last Public Review. Many comments have been received (300+), though no comments seem to be of material nature.

TC is closing on the disposition of these comments. TC expects that another Public Review is required due to the large number of comments, although none of them are of material nature.

TC has done little with respect to test tools. Plan is to possibly host the tools externally, e.g. in Github, making the test tools open source projects.

SC thanked Jacques for his update and good work in the TC.

4. Update on Steering Committee Elections - Scott McGrath
The ballot is already quorate and all candidates have sufficient votes. Ballot for the SC elections will close next week.

5. Election of 2014 WS-I Steering Committee Officers
Members who are believed to be re-elected:

- Mike DeNicola (Fujitsu)
- Doug Davis (IBM)
- Micah Hainline (AsynchronySolutions)
- Gershon Janssen

The following new officers have been unanimously elected, pending the outcome of the elections:

- Mike DeNicola elected Chair
- Micah Hainline elected Vice-Chair
- Gershon Janssen elected Secretary

6. Set date for next meetings