ws-i-ms message

Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - 8 September 2014 - WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting

DRAFT MINUTES
WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting
8 September 2014, 10:00am to 11:00pm PDT

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Roll:
x Mike DeNicola, Fujitsu
  Joel Fleck, HP
x Gershon Janssen, Individual
  Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft
  Prasad Yendluri, Software AG
x Anish Karmarkar, Oracle
x Doug Davis, IBM

Guests:
  Jacques Durant - Chair WS-BRSP TC
x Scott McGrath - COO OASIS

Meeting quorated.

1. Additions/Changes to Agenda
Agenda adopted adding one agenda item on a comment received.

2. Approve minutes of previous meeting
Draft minutes:
- 23 May 2014: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-sc/201408/msg00001.html
SC approved the minutes of the 23 May 2014 meeting by unanimous consent.

3. OASIS Board Election Results impact on WS-I Steering Committee
Mike provided an update on the OASIS Board Election Results.

4. Upcoming OASIS MS Steering Committee Elections
Scott McGrath reported that the upcoming MS Steering Committee Elections are now in September due to the new Member Section policy, which was gone into effect recently. This revised Member Section Policy has been reviewed by the MS Steering Committee.

5. Update on BRSP-WG
Anish highlighted a recent discussion in the development of BSP11:

There is a concern that the TC has made the profile less interoperable from its previous incarnation.

The new draft relaxes the requirements from mandating SHA-1 to mandating either SHA-1 or any of the SHA-2 algorithms.
This is understandable given the issues with SHA-1.
The profile goes to great lengths to ensure interoperability when using SHA-1; it specifies how to communicate with the other side that SHA-1 is being used. See e.g. requirement R5421.
There is nothing comparable specified for SHA-2.
The fundamental reason the profiles were created were to enable interoperability, it makes sense to include the same level (or equivalent) of interop requirements for SHA-2 as there are for SHA-1.

6. WS-I website  update - Gershon Janssen
Gershon shared and discussed a web traffic report on the www.ws-i.org website:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-sc/201405/msg00005.html

Follow-up actions will be discussed with OASIS staff.

7. Discussion on comment received
A comment was received through the contact form on our Member Section pages regarding WS-I Support For JMS
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-sc/201406/msg00000.html

The SC had a short discussion on follow-up.

7. Set date for next meeting
Next call: Fri 7 November @ 8.30 PDT

Meeting Adjourned.