ws-i-ms message

Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - 7 November 2014 - WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting

DRAFT MINUTES
WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting
7 November 2014, 08:30am to 09:30am PST

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Roll
x Mike DeNicola, Fujitsu
x Joel Fleck, HP
x Gershon Janssen, Individual
x Prasad Yendluri, Software AG
x Anish Karmarkar, Oracle
x Doug Davis, IBM

Observers:
x John Willson

Guests:
x Jacques Durant - Chair WS-BRSP TC
x Scott McGrath - COO OASIS

1. Additions/Changes to Agenda
Agenda adopted adding one agenda item on update on Board changes.

2. Approve minutes of September 8 meeting
Minutes not present in the repository; need to be posted; deferred till next meeting.

3. OASIS Board changes
As a result of the resignation of Director and Board Chair Jim Hughes, the Board Officer position of President and Chair became available. The Board agreed to an election for this Board Officer position and as a result of that possible other Board Officer positions.

President of the Corporation and Chair of the Board is now Frederick Hirsch.
Vice-Chair of the Board is Sanjay Patil.
Other Board officer positions remain unchanged.

Due to this Director vacancy and in accordance by our Bylaws Article 3 section 18, a special election was started.

4. OASIS WS-I MS Steering Committee Election Results
Scott provides an update:

Per the new member section policy the yearly WS-I Steering Committee Elections was completed in September.

Results of 2014 WS-I Steering Committee Elections

Name            Organization    Term ends
Joel Fleck      HP              Sep/16
Anish Karmarkar Oracle          Sep/16
Prasad Yendluri SoftwareAG      Sep/16
Doug Davis      IBM             Sep/15
Mike DeNicola   Fujitsu         Sep/15
Gershon Janssen Individual      Sep/15

We have 2 open seats, as our Steering Committee is 8 seats.

Feeling of the Steering Committee is to leave it as is and take another look at this next year. So, the MS SC will not ask for a special election and let the automatic mechanism in the MS policy do its work in due time.

5. WS-I MS Steering Committee Officer Elections
The Steering Committee elected the following officers:

Mike DeNicola elected as chair by unanimous consent.
Joel Fleck elected as vice-chair by unanimous consent
Gershon Janssen elected as secretary by unanimous consent

6. Update on BRSP-WG
Jacques Durand, chair of the WS-BRSP TC, provided the Steering Committee with an update on the work:

BSP1.1 is approved as a CS. Like to move to an OS, but no strong opinion from TC members.
We can use some help on getting Statements of Use.
The output of the TC is watched, which shows there is still interest in WS-I profiles.
WS-BRSP is a small TC; small bandwidth. Jacques will likely step down as chair due to other commitments and activities.
Have not taken real action on test tools now. TC believes we might take this to an open source project with no involvement, though, have authority to say something / make statements about those testing tools, etc.
Might need action outside of OASIS.
The Steering Committee indicated it is interested in the outcomes, especially on the test tools.

SC can help by:
- sending out a message on additional participation in BRSP TC
- try to address the testing tool topic with the TC and see what that request would look like
- help getting Statements of Use

Mike will follow-up on these BRSP items.

7. WS-I website update
Gershon provided a short update on ws-i.org website.
Large number of hits on ws-i.org website, apparently Java tools, pointing to errors, conformance statements, etc.
Try to do a survey on the website to find out what brings people to the website.
Action Item: Gershon: Talk to staff / Carol about a survey; find out who comes to our website, etc.

8. Set date for next meeting
Are there things this SC should be doing or needs to take action on? Currently its more or less monitoring the TC(s) work, addressing things that come up (if they do). No further new activities on our radar.

Next call: 13 February 2015 @ 8.30 PST

Meeting Adjourned.