ws-i-ms message

Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - 13 February 2015 - WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting

DRAFT MINUTES
WS-I Member Section Steering Committee Meeting
13 February 2015, 08:30am to 09:30am PST

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Roll
x Mike DeNicola, Fujitsu
  Joel Fleck, HP
x Gershon Janssen, Individual
x Prasad Yendluri, Software AG
x Anish Karmarkar, Oracle
x Doug Davis, IBM
x Ram Jayaraman, Microsoft

Observers:
None

Guests:
x Jacques Durant - Chair WS-BRSP TC

1. Additions/Changes to Agenda
Draft agenda was adopted.

2. Approve minutes of September 8 and November 7 meetings
Minutes of the following meetings were approved by unanimous consent:

- September 8 (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-sc/201502/msg00001.html
- November 7 (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-i-sc/201502/msg00002.html

3. Ram Jayaraman (Microsoft) joining the WS-I Steering Committee
2 Member Section seats remained open after the September 14 MS SC re-elections. Mike asked around for interested people. Ram came forward. We can add a nominee to the SC through a SC motion/vote.

Motion: "The MS SC resolved to seat nominee Ram Jayaraman (Microsoft) as member of the WS-I Member Section Steering Committee up till the next election cycle.".

Mike moved; Doug seconded. No objections. Motion carried by unanimous consent.

Ram has been seated up till the next election.

The members of the SC congratulate Ram on his new position.

4. Update on OASIS 2015 Budget and Board activities
Mike provided an update on the MS budget and queries for any items we need to include into the MS budget / setup, etc. No items came up at this point in time.

Funds available to the MS are USD 1799.

5. Update on BRSP-related Action Items - Mike DeNicola
Mike provided a short update on BRSP related topics.

6. Update on BRSP-WG - Jacques Durand
Jacques Durand, chair of the WS-BRSP TC, joined.

Jacques provided an update on the progress of WS-BRSP TC. There is interest from the EU and the US in BRSP. The TC has 4 specifications which are CS. The TC likes to move to OS, though, getting Statements of Use is difficult. Within the TC there seems to be interest in going to OS, but nobody feels very strong about it and are also happy with CS state.

All MS SC members are asked to check within their organizations to find out if they can provide Statements of Use for the 4 WS-BRSP profiles.

Jacques noted that his work changed, though, will continue to chair the WS-BRSP TC given the low work / meeting frequency due to the current workplan / agenda. Most members were happy to go into maintenance mode / meeting schedule of once every two months. If work would pick-up again, Jacuqes would not be able to actively chair the TC any more.

7. WS-I website  update - Gershon Janssen
Gershon provided background on ws-i.org website. The idea is to gather more information and next decide on what to do with the ws-i.org website.

Ram noted that we need to be cautious to turn off the website. People only think about WS-I and not immediately about the governing body OASIS. Based on traffic information analysis, we might want to consider refreshing it? Maybe spend some of our budget on updating the website, e.g. by Paul Knight.

Anish noted that when we refresh it, we need to be careful and not break any of the old links.

Gershon will provide an update to the list on a target date / status of getting more visitor details on ws-i.org website.

8. Set date for next meeting
SC agreed on a 3-month meeting schedule.

Next call: 8 May 2015 @ 8.30 PDT

Meeting Adjourned.