ws-rx-chair message

Subject: Kavi gremlins [OASIS Observer Participation Notice]

Scott,

The gremlins which previously were fiddling with my Kavi status
in the SDD TC have apparently abandoned their interest and have
now gratuitously changed my "join" status in the WS-RX TC.  For
new amusement, I assume.

The recent Kavi notice about joining "as an Observer" is appended [1],
and as far as I know, it's not the result of any action taken by me.
I did not join "as an Observer."

I apologize to the Chair for the associated (Kavi spam) email.

I have changed the join request back to what I originally
indicated, so that the account now shows "Applicant" in the roster.

It seems to me that transactions which (gratuitously)
change someone's TC status ought to include identification
of the process or person responsible for the status
change.  Perhaps you could put in a job ticket to the
Kavi programmers, something like this:

Kavi programmers:

With respect to an OASIS-Member-Person NN (fully paid-up,
qualified and entitled to participate in OASIS TCs),
if a machine process PP or some other person PN,
(not being the OASIS-Member-Person NN) takes it upon
itself/himself/herself to alter the participation
status of NN, the Kavi system should produce an email
message indicating the source of the change.  Viz.,
the email message sent to the Person NN should not just
say "surprise! you've now joined under status FOO" (per
what's shown by example in [1] below as a partial transaction record)

but rather, an email message something like:

"Omnipotent and Omniscient Process-X [or: Person-X] has
decided in its sole discretion that you do no actually
wish to have status FOO, or that you are not qualified
to have status-FOO, and has therefore used its Kavi
privileges to subtract from you such status-FOO,
awarding you instead, per its wisdom, a certain different
and lower status FOO-Minus, and we hope you will be
happy with this change. Selah."

Thanks,

Robin Cover

[1]