Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] OASIS AIR constraint on document name?

The AIR doesn't say anything about "document names". It talks about
"artifact names" and says:

Certain OASIS artifact metadata is included in the artifact names. This
allows unambiguous and consistent naming across all OASIS activities for
visible versions of artifacts. This visibility of metadata in the name
is intentional and permits the use of a variety of technologies for
accessing and working with the contents of OASIS archives.

So it would appear that a name like "WS-ReliableMessaging" is not an
artifact name. What I can't sort out is the difference between an
"artifact name" and an "artifact identifier" (if, indeed, there is one).

What we are probably arguing about is a long version of what the AIR
calls a "product". It defines a "product" as:

The TC Administrator-approved proper name (or the official, TC
Administrator-approved abbreviation) of a significant body of work
undertaken by a TC. Some current OASIS Products are "saml", "wsrp", and
"wss".

- g