Subject: Re: [ws-rx-editors] Issue with the posted 05 document

this raises the question of how to handle any fixes for the draft CDs.  Resetting the 2-week clock each time isn't good.  So I suggest that at the end of the 2 weeks we post another diff'd version - where the original version is the draft CD w/all changes accepted - and the diff'd version shows just the changes we made since the posting of the draft CDs.  In there we can include the fix to the section 4 formatting.
-Doug

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

10/07/2005 08:46 PM

"Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
cc
ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-rx-editors] Issue with the posted 05 document

Umit,

Thanks for pointing this out. You're right, we need to do 'Tools->Update
All' before generating the PDFs. I looked at the two docs (more pairs of
eyes are most welcome) -- sxw and pdf versions -- and the only problem
that I saw (wrt updating of indexes) was with the 'Table of Contents'.
Fortunately, there is no problem with the line numbers. So this in
itself would not require us to generate another draft.

But I noticed another problem. In the #2 version at [1] updated by Gil,
the formating for 'Fault', section 4, was removed. As a result the old
section 4 was included as subsections of 3. This got carried forward in
subsequent drafts (if you recall I had pointed this out earlier on this
ML [2]).

Not sure if this requires us to generate another draft that is uploaded
to the main TC page. Since the 2 week clock started yesterday, changing
the daft now may make some people unhappy. If folks look at the diff-ed
version though it is much clearer as to what happened.

I'm inclined not to do any updates to the main page right now and
include this as a change when we approve the CD at the end of the two
week's period.

Thoughts?

-Anish
--