Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] References

Title: References

Not from me, good call.

From: Yalcinalp, Umit [mailto:umit.yalcinalp@sap.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:39 AM
To: ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-rx-editors] References

Folks,

After Marc's comment, I went through both of the documents and found out that there is inconsistency as to how references are classified non-normative vs. normative.

Initially, I classified all the references in the policy document as non-normative with the intent that the tc will make a decision. After thinking through, I think that this issue should be discussed with the tc, instead of making an editorial decision as the decision may not be editorial. (Marc, you raised this and I would like to take this to the tc at this point).

I looked at the WS-RM document itself has listed all the references as normative except policy related ones as non-normative. So, I am not sure how certain references are blessed to be normative and some of them are not non-normative, such as WS-Policy. I don't recall making a decision about them.

I think before we start moving references from one section to another, the tc needs to determine, just like WS-Addressing reference to use which references are normative, which are not normative, etc. As editors we can always make a proposal, but I would rather get this recorded.

Any opinions before I publish the issue to the tc?

--umit