Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] RE: Stable/latest url for issue list

Inline below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patil, Sanjay [mailto:sanjay.patil@sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:08 AM
To: Marc Goodner; Robin Cover
Cc: ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org; Mary McRae; Jamie Clark; Robin
Cover

I am pretty sure Marc and Robin are figuring out a good solution for us,
but I am a bit lost here in the deails. So I am puttig forth my
requirements questions below. Hopefully these are met ...

A> Would there be a stable URL that can be bookmarked?
Yup, that's the idea. And as Robin pointed out is why we can't get a
stable url to symlink to Kavi as then this wouldn't work.

B> Would the TC have access to all the previous versions?
Yup, by linking to the filename-nnn at this location rather than the
symlink of just the filename that would point to the latest.

C> Can the metadata of the latest version (date, notes) be accessed via
the stable URL?
I'm not sure what you mean here. We're not using any metadata in Kavi
now for this file. The date that is displayed in the issue list is part
of the file, I'll make a better point to update that before posting. If
there is other data like that, revision maybe, you want displayed I can
add that to the issue list itself. I enter a summary of what changed to
the automated mail field that goes out, I would continue that for a
manual process.

D> Would there be an email notification sent to the group when a new
version is updated?
I would still send out a notice and summary once I verify the new file
is there. One thing that is nice about this method is that if I were
tweaking schema or correcting a mistake (like wrong owner) that was
brought to my attention I could do so without disturbing the list. Today
if I change the schema or xsl I actually have to change the issue list
as well since that is a latest link only.

Thanks,
Sanjay