Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] Document titles and revision management

That's not what we agreed to at the last F2F. We agreed that we didn't want bother the group with constantly changing WD versions (Monday wd-03, Tues wd-04 and wd-05, Thu wd-06). We also agreed that we didn't want to create confusion by only showing the group "certain" WDs (wd-05 followed by wd-23) as it would be difficult to follow which WD followed which from the TC's perspective (was wd13 the "next" WD after wd05 or was that wd09?). One of the reasons we wanted CVS was to track multiple revisions of the same WD version. Without CVS we have decided to use Kavi like CVS by maintaining multiple revisions of the same WD version.

- g

From: Marc Goodner [mailto:mgoodner@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:06 PM
To: Gilbert Pilz; ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

I think what you want is a title like wsrmp-1.1-spec-wd-02 with no revisions in Kavi at all. When you get to wsrmp-1.1-spec-wd-03 you would then move the old one to the other folder to reduce directory clutter.

I don’t believe there ever should be more than one version of a doc like wsrmp-1.1-spec-wd-nn. I would think any check in would rev the nn. Otherwise how could line numbers stay consistent after you edit on version of wsrmp-1.1-spec-wd-nn and then check in another?

I can see the argument against using Kavi’s versioning and not creating a single title like wsrmp-1.1-spec-wd and then only displaying the nn within the doc (I would assume it should match the Kavi revision number). Note that is how I am managing the issue list during this migration to the stable url. However I can’t imagine someone really wanting revision 05 vs. 07 of that but I definitely see the need for the specs.