Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] Document titles and revision management

I agree with you. I can not assess how often this should be and weekly is too burdensome. We can decide how often it should be as the tc requests it.

At w3c, everyone knows where CVS is and they can go and look at the latest version of everything if they are interested in the latest and greatest.

--umit

From: Marc Goodner [mailto:mgoodner@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, Oct 28, 2005 9:49 AM
To: Yalcinalp, Umit; Gilbert Pilz; ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

OK. As far as how often to give new wd’s to the WG I think weekly is too often. I would suggest monthly or at the request of the chair’s. People are not going to reread the spec, or even just search and review change bars on a weekly basis. Monthly or after a major revision seems like the doc would get more review. I don’t care too much about this point though. I’ll review it anyway.

I would note that if new wds do come out this often you may need to provide diffs not just from the last wd but from the cd (or the wd of the cd after reordering…). The reason is that many people would read every other one or even less frequently so would not recognize change bars from only the last wd.